LARGE FRENCH HOLIDAY HOUSE
Saturday - Participants arrive
– “welcome dinner”
Sunday - Introduction
– introduction tour with tutors around studio, and garden
– inspirational trip to explore surroundings and gather ideas (sketches/photos) for painting
– art block 1, Basics: techniques, materials, tools
Monday - Painting
– art block 2, Working on 2d composition, drawing sketches, trying colour schemes
– planning art piece
– art block 3, Building picture on a solid basis. Perspective, layers, light, motifs
Tuesday - Art Trip 1, painting outdoors
– inspirational/educational art trip to local exhibitions and art galleries
– sightseeing, visiting amazing places, picturesque sights (chateau, towns, rivers, lakes)
– observation of nature and architecture, painting and sketching
Wednesday - Painting outdoors
– art block 4, acrylics and oils - painting landscapes (with Matthew)
– art block 5, watercolours - painting flowers from nature (with Anna)
Thursday - Art trip 2, Lasceuax Caves
– inspirational, daylong trip
– visit in Lasceuax Caves to experience the beauty of cave paintings
– comparison between modern and ancient art and reflection on nature of perceiving
Friday - Exhibition
– art block 6, working in studio, portrait exercise in chosen technique
– preparing exhibition, choosing and finishing artworks
– group art-exhibition, reviews, sharing reflections about works and workshop.
Saturday - Participants leaving
Week-long Art Workshop lead by professional artists in 200 years old, beautiful house placed in rural France (Charente region) with full accommodation and many attractions.
Art workshop - draw, paint, learn, chat, watch and rest :) Spend holidays in old big stone house with large green garden, big pool, patio and atelier/studio all surrounded by trees, fields, beautiful countryside landscape close to the Natural Park of Perigord-Limousin in South West France.
For everyone who is interested in art and want to spend time in tranquil yet inspiring environment to develop his own artistic path under eye of professional artists and company of like-minded. Doesn’t matter if you are beginner or practicing student, amateur artist - everyone is welcome.
What do you get
Beginners will receive solid artistic foundation for their future development, while more advanced will be able to develop their skills in their favourite technique under the guidance of tutors. Everyone will get the opportunity to develop his individual artistic path. All this in a beautiful surrounding and in inspiring atmosphere.
Workshop is planned for optimum of 8-10 attendants.
Program covers 6 days of study within 7 days of accommodation. 20+ hours of work with tutors with inspiration trips, additional individual work in well equipped studio ...or outdoors.
Full program here
Vegetarian, delicious food
Large bright studio
WiFi, TV / DVD
Lounge with fireplace
12m x 6m swimming pool
Large garden and patio with barbecue
Games room with pool and table tennis